- Surface should be smooth, clean and free of contamination.
- Interior new surface – Prime substrate with PVA acrylic primer and let it dry fully. Apply one coat of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer™ allowing it 3-5 hours to dry.
- Interior & Exterior existing surface – Sand oil-based paints and glossy surfaces.
- Prime substrate with multi-purpose primer and let it dry fully. Then apply one coat of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer™ allowing it 3-5 hours to dry.
- Preparation of flat surfaces requires only the application of diluted Meoded Quartz Primer™.
- Exterior Brown coat – First surface should be pressure washed and clean.
- When surface is fully dry, apply Meoded Quartz Primer™ diluted with 50% water. Let it dry at least 3-5 hours. To economize costs, it is recommended to apply a leveling coat using finer grain cement or acrylic base material over the brown coat to fill up low spots and create a flat surface.
Use stainless steel trowel to apply Tonachino Firenze™.
First coat – Apply first coat in the same fashion you would apply a standard joint compound: in a smooth even fashion leaving a wet edge to avoid lap marks. While the plaster is still moist, it is recommended to use a wet sponge or a plastic float to create a more uniform design. Allow at least 12 hours to dry.
Second coat – If required to smooth, lightly sand first coat with 180-320 grit sandpaper before proceeding. Apply second coat in the same manner as first coat. While Firenze ™ is still moist, it is recommended to use a wet sponge or a plastic float to create a more uniform design. Avoid formation of dark trowel marks.
After a minimum of 48 hours dry, Water Block™, a water-repellent sealer is recommended to provide your finish with protection from moisture and dirt.
20 kg 90-200 sq. ft. for two coats; depending on surface and texture.